This LIFE is semi-retired.

Hi! I'm updating this space to tell you guys that this second, seemingly, kinda, sort of unsuccessful attempt at deeply documenting my thoughts I call a blog will now be semi-retired. Facebook status updates and tweeting are a lot easier these days to blab about things like my views on life, society, and current events. Blogging, however, takes a little bit of thought. Heck, even THIS pinned post takes a while to be typed too.

The NARNIA division, however, I shall try and actively live it up; where I'll say good or crappy things about films, TV series, music, video games, events, or literature I have read... if this lazy-leech thing ever comes off of my brain, that is. 'Till then.

20100614

14.6.10 Part II: I like to paint my PC with acrylics.

(Yay! Second post in a row! ^.^)

Okay, maybe I'm not that bold to do such thing as my title said it. 'Cause I don't have the guts just yet. Haha.


WARNING: Leet speak alert! Leet speak alert!

I've been known to have that urge to tweak the GUI of whatever operating system that I use and make it look pretty and functional so that I can keep up with the trend and to make myself feel cool. This freaking habit of mine dated back when my sister still had her old Acer TravelMate lappie and my family still have the old custom PC; both run on the Windows XP OS... or maybe much earlier than that.

And as time flies, I got really awestruck-ed when I saw the Windows Vista in action for the very first time in my form 4 practical teacher's lappie. I was drooling over the stunning and sleek interface that Vista offered. And so I had that curiousity tingling; what if I make my desktop look like Vista when it's actually still the same old XP? This need continued to grow when my sister used a Vista-like theme for her lappie. Then it hit me; I HAVE to change my GUI and FAST! I searched and searched for a software that can do what I want it to do; making my Windows XP LOOK like Windows Vista; with some of the features from Vista being incorporated with XP as well. After much research, I managed to make my desktop looked like this when I used the Windows X's Vista Transformation Pack:

Ahh... my old Windows XP desktop (err... I mean... my FAMILY's desktop)
But then, things really fucked up, and the PC was jam-packed with slowdowns and viruses! Years later, I discovered that Windows released yet another OS with a slight yet incredible change from Vista. It's Windows 7! Now that the PC was mine to keep for half of my semester, I decided to do the same thing by applying the 7 Transformation Pack. But it slowed down than it already was, so I just use a Windows 7-like XP theme instead. Sadly, the XP PC is just too old, so I told my dad that I NEED a laptop. And from then on, I use my Dean's List privilege as a ticket to buy this lappie of mine; the DELL INSPIRON 1440 I recently named Rappu-chan. :)

Even though I admit that Windows 7 looks doper than Vista, I'm not a very satisfied person. I'll always (I mean, if I have that urge) search for whatever I can to make my desktop's an eyecandy and have an extended functionality, even though those extra features are actually useless sometimes. And currently this is the new and very recent look of my desktop:

Tadaa! Let me introduce to you to some of the things I did to make my desktop looks this sweet! I purposely hid my desktop icons so that I can focus on the weird wallpaper I dug up; a painting by a modern Japanese Surrealist painter who died in 2005 named Tetsuya Ishida. For more of his paintings, please click here (WARNING: his paintings are freaking weird!). For that meter thing and the clock at the corners, I use the Rainmeter software. This look may change over time, but I'm gonna make this one stay for a long while.

Expect another post coming soon, aight? But first, I gotta rest my hands for a bit. Man, what a workout!

No comments: