This LIFE is semi-retired.

Hi! I'm updating this space to tell you guys that this second, seemingly, kinda, sort of unsuccessful attempt at deeply documenting my thoughts I call a blog will now be semi-retired. Facebook status updates and tweeting are a lot easier these days to blab about things like my views on life, society, and current events. Blogging, however, takes a little bit of thought. Heck, even THIS pinned post takes a while to be typed too.

The NARNIA division, however, I shall try and actively live it up; where I'll say good or crappy things about films, TV series, music, video games, events, or literature I have read... if this lazy-leech thing ever comes off of my brain, that is. 'Till then.

20120829

I am... who am I?

So I have like this unconscious tendency to act and behave like significantly influential people in my life one of these days. Then, this question of sorts hit me... I was suddenly curious on how does one define the popular saying of "just be yourself." I mean, what does that REALLY stands for anyway? So, you are your own self, and that makes you... um... "you?" and all you have to do is be "you" (or your default, God-given self) for the rest of your life? Is that what it meant? Well, gee, if that is what it means, then being yourself sounds kinda boring, don't you think? 

Or maybe, it simply means that, humans are like... empty shells, I guess. They are thrown upon this vast universe, in the middle of nowhere, where they'll meet lots of random encounters of different mannered humans, different kinds of animals, and different types of perspectives? And as time progresses, they'll slowly pick up what they see and incorporate bits and pieces of those new information to form a new kind of being of which I shall identify as... one's self (or, in this context, "yourself"?) Yeah, that's probably it. Made greater sense when it was being put that way.

So, why stay as an empty shell when there's the whole world waiting for each and everyone of us to be willingly absorbed? We are that powerful. Why would some of us waste that talent and just stay with the default, lifeless body, huh? It's quite shameful really. All of us are worth more than being confined in a mold, you know? Each of us are destined to be different. I'm saying this to myself and all of you readers with the hopes that we will always step up our game and redefine ourselves, so that each of us has some distinct uniqueness to be shared, embraced, and proud of.

P/S: It seems that I'm answering my own question. Or, I may be wrong. I don't know. It's just what I think about this stuff.

No comments: