This LIFE is semi-retired.

Hi! I'm updating this space to tell you guys that this second, seemingly, kinda, sort of unsuccessful attempt at deeply documenting my thoughts I call a blog will now be semi-retired. Facebook status updates and tweeting are a lot easier these days to blab about things like my views on life, society, and current events. Blogging, however, takes a little bit of thought. Heck, even THIS pinned post takes a while to be typed too.

The NARNIA division, however, I shall try and actively live it up; where I'll say good or crappy things about films, TV series, music, video games, events, or literature I have read... if this lazy-leech thing ever comes off of my brain, that is. 'Till then.

20120220

Flashback thoughts #1: On '8 Mile' and 'タイヨウのうた (Taiyou no Uta).'

An edited excerpt of this entry:
Just search what the movies are about on Google, okay? Or watch it for God's sake.

To make it clear, the reason why I compare these two movies was probably because both of the leads of their respective movies (Eminem and YUI) can really portray their characters well. AND because they were smart enough to accept their roles and because what could possibly be better and more enjoyable than acting (partly) as yourself?

I think both of them knows that doing something else that's not really their true identities could be a big pain in the arse, so it's wise of them to act only if the characters were really based on themselves. I enjoyed both of these movies because both Eminem and YUI react naturally upon the scenarios thrown at them because they would have probably gone through the same shits in their past lives, which is good so that they can avoid themselves from being harshly criticised by film critics or the public by saying these musicians' acting is a fake one. From how I see things, I think it's better for the so-called singers that decided to become a movie star to actually study their roles first when they got the script. If the character is just not you AT ALL, even for one tiny bit, then the hell with that! Or there's always that talent and passion for acting and do well with it if the musicians have that.

To simply put it; actors ACT, while musicians SING or COMPOSE SONGS, NOT sing AND act.

In a nutshell, I just watched 8 Miles last night, and I think it's one of the movies that should receive a standing ovation, if it weren't for the needless love scene between Eminem and Brittany Murphy (Kim Basinger's love scene is hot enough, that all the other love scenes should be deleted!). When I watched Eminem acted, it reminded me of YUI, because both of them looks so natural in the movie. They don't have to pretend to be who they're not. WE should be like that too. We should be ourselves, and to do that is to love ourselves first. I think that is why I like these kinds of superstars.

No comments: