This LIFE is semi-retired.

Hi! I'm updating this space to tell you guys that this second, seemingly, kinda, sort of unsuccessful attempt at deeply documenting my thoughts I call a blog will now be semi-retired. Facebook status updates and tweeting are a lot easier these days to blab about things like my views on life, society, and current events. Blogging, however, takes a little bit of thought. Heck, even THIS pinned post takes a while to be typed too.

The NARNIA division, however, I shall try and actively live it up; where I'll say good or crappy things about films, TV series, music, video games, events, or literature I have read... if this lazy-leech thing ever comes off of my brain, that is. 'Till then.

20101231

Don't stop the music.

I think everyone knows this quote; "Music is life." But what I'm about to say here on music might only be relevant to me.. I guess. 

I'm guessing that quote emerges because it's actually true in a sense. What I'm saying is we can't deny the fact that no matter where we go, there are different kinds of sounds all around us. And most of the time, these collective sounds form a sort of pattern called rhythm. When they band together, these rhythms sometimes create the most beautiful melodies that calms us, that make us laugh, make us cry, make us angry and ignites all sorts of other emotions as well.

With that being said, I could say that music itself is a being and not just a mere subject matter or an object. I mean, I really think music is usually there when we're in need of a friend to share our problems with. Can't you feel the presence, my friends? I think most of us have experienced this before (or maybe, it's just me); when you open your MP3 software or tune into a music TV channel, or maybe even listening to Quranic verses, the sounds that suddenly come out are mostly related to what problems that we're currently into. When we give in and let music cure our sadness, although it doesn't really make the problems go away, music will do the best it can to comfort us. In the end, no matter how big the problems are, we are able to face the facts and get our problems done with very rationally now that our hearts are no longer beating like a storm.

Whenever I'm in a painful agony, music actually comes to me and soothes my soul. I really need to calm down, especially with this current disaster my family is facing right now, and music did just that. Thanks a lot, God... for giving humanity the gift of music. Alhamdulillah. :')

No comments: